Monday, June 6, 2011

Spring Cleaning

This weekend was gorgeous. *sigh* . Just the weather North Idaho has been craving: warm, cloudless, perfect. It felt like the perfect time for some "Spring cleaning". I seriously spent most all of Saturday cleaning. (Although you already can't tell).

But part of my "spring cleaning" involved making us go through all of our clothes and get rid of what we don't wear--and by all I mean down to our underwear and socks.Poor Adam. I usually take several sorting sessions to do this, so it's a constant event in my life, but my dear husband is a bit more lax about it. So on Saturday when I had the chance to nail him down, I definitely took advantage.But he was a good sport, and we have at least one black trash bag full of his clothes heading to the second hand store in hopes of making a few extra bucks.

But it's worth mentioning the difficulty he had when we stumbled across his old Subway polo. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "how about this subway polo"




Adam: [long pause]..... "I guess you can give it away.... [more pausing]...but, it even says sandwich artist on it...I don't even think they make those anymore..."




as a compromise, I suggested I take his picture in it and then send it onto it's next new journey. (He was pretty pumped that he was conveniently wearing black shorts, which I guess made it his actual uniform. )
















Isn't he the cutest sandwich artist? Subway really lost a gem the day this guy left.



...it's funny the things that we hang on to sometimes. and I'm totally guilty of it too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the process of sorting through all my clothes too! I love that adam wanted to hold onto that shirt, classic. Thats something i would have put in my memory box.

Sara said...

T your going to be such a good Mom one day with your great little compromises!!! hehe you two are seriously HILARIOUS!!!

mom/carla said...

Oh...such great memories of my Sandwich artist son at Subway!!!

AND...yes, I'm also ready to go through our "stuff" with Mark in tow!

Anonymous said...

Good going Tricia Joy! I am proud of you too! It is a good idea to take a picture orf him wearing his favorite shirt...it takes up
room and frees the shirt up for someone else to wear too.

You will make agood Mom someday, honey!

One may as well sell their clothes for someone else, because there is always a chance you'll never have the opportunity to hang on to them, so might as well pass them on while you can!

Mom/Candace said...

So, you're Sprping cleaning hum? you'll feel so good when it is done! I am so very proud of you Tricia Joy!

Mom/Candace V said...

Oops!Spring Cleaning! You have great discipline to stay inside and get this done in spite of the gorgeous weather you're having up there! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!