Monday, May 30, 2011

Legacy

I'm finally getting around to writing about our trip to Philadelphia. In a nutshell, it was fantastic. While we didn't quite get to see everyone we would have wanted (which is always the case), we got to spend some really great time with people that mean the world to us, friends and family alike.

Adam headed up to Canada to go fishing with "the guys". It's a trip that has been going on for over 20 years with a lot of the boys in my family. Each year there are a few "competitors" added, and a few that can't make it, but the tradition continues nonetheless.



I however, headed to the shore to meet up with "the girls". All of the girls on my dad's side of the family met up at the shore for a girls weekend. I can't begin to tell you how fun it is to go to a place that is like your home away from home, and share the time with other people who love it the way you do. After the shore trip, I got to spend some QT with my bff and other HS bffs, and topped it off when Adam got home by having lunch with my grandparents, and dinner with my brother, his wife, and their sweet dog Samson. whew!



Like I said, great (and busy) trip.



But after I got home, I started thinking a lot about traditions, legacy, and heritage. Our family thrives on traditions. (Hence the 20 year fishing trip to the same lodge in Canada, and the start of an annual Palmer girls weekend in OCNJ a place that has been visited by our family for years and years). We have a family heritage that has been founded on loving each other and loving the Lord. AND all of this comes from the legacies that were left from my great grandparents, and are still being created by my sweet grandparents. It's such a treasure to have a family history so grounded in Christ.



A treasure that I am so thankful for!




I'm thankful for grandparents who love each of us the same.





who invested in each of our lives.




for aunts and uncles who live out their faith in front of us.



for parents who are always supportive.






for brothers who tell me their proud of me.





for my husbands leadership.





for my husband's family who cherishes the same things.



that our kids will one day be born into this gift too.








The 2nd Annual Palmer Girls OCNJ trip






Nan and her girls








The Palmers: Bob, Jim, Karen, Allen, Jim and Nancy




Those sweet grandparents I mentioned above, at their 60th Anniversary party.






It just all makes me wonder what kind of Legacy I'm creating...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the palmer fam!

mom/carla said...

Wow...there were quite a few ladies on the "ladies trip"! What a fantastic memory!

I love that you have traditions and legacies that you desire to continue. AND...those that you and Adam will start on you own!