Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ground Turkey

I really don't try to "trick" my husband into doing things my way...anymore. Let me tell you why:

Aside from the obvious moral concerns, I am a terrible liar. So even when my selfish nature takes control, usually what I'm thinking is written all over my face. If that didn't give me away, by the time I'm talking, it's so awkward that it's obvious I'm not telling the truth.

Recently, I tried to "trick" Adam into eating ground turkey instead of ground beef. I've always heard it was healthier and you can't tell the difference, so I did it. I bought ground turkey, browned it in a pan, and made the "mistake" of asking Adam to help me with it. He comes out and asks me several questions like "does this look ok?", "is it done?", "it just doesn't look normal, what did you add to it?". My excuses: "well... I bought it from walmart", "maybe it's freezer burnt?", "are you sure? I think it looks great...smells good too". Eventually I gave myself away (the other reason I'm a bad liar) because it was obvious he wasn't buying my crafty little responses..... only to find out that he figured that the whole time, he just wanted me to admit it.

Needless to say, we're still eating ground beef, and I haven't tried to trick Adam anymore lately.

poor guy.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Trish! You crack me up. But guess what - you're not the first to try to "trick" with ground turkey. I did lasagne, chili....they ate it okay...but they knew, oh how they knew. Kudos to you for trying though! Who says we don't have our family's best interests at heart?
Love your posts!
Love,Chrissy

mom/carla said...

Perhaps this is a "throw-back" from me using ground turkey for any casserole type dish. I think that Adam correlates ground turkey with "fake" cheese. Sorry, Trish.