Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vacuums

I hate our vacuum. I feel like i can say i hate it since it's only an object and not a person.
It is terrible. Everytime i go to vacuum stairs, or lift it up, everything that i just sucked up pours out onto the floor. Today was the last straw. (is that the phrase?). I tried to give it one more chance to redeem itself before being sent to the dump, and it poured rocks/dirt/crumbs all over the newly washed and swept entryway. So safe to say it's days are numbered.

So what i need from anyone/everyone who reads this, is vacuum advice. Anyone have one the love or one they hated? I just want some unofficial consumer reports before adam and i make a decision probably this weekend...

and because i dislike it so much, i'll tell you the brand it was, because i think the public should be made aware of a bad product. (unless a year is a good life-span for a vacuum, then it might be fine).
It's the En Vision Wide Glide by Dirt Devil.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't really know about good vacuums, but I have one cheap one from college and I thought it was ready for the trash, until my dad came and saw how much dirt stuff was stuck in the inside. He cleaned it out and now it still runs. Maybe you have already tried that, but check to see if there is stuff stuck somewhere in the suction area or something. Just a thought...
And to make you feel better (or worse for me) I have a little dust buster thing but the charger is broke, so I just haven't vacuumed in weeks! Calling all mice! :)

jordan said...

I H-A-T-E our vacuum too! I mean H-A-T-E it...even with Drew fixing it several times it is still awful. Kirst really loves hers and it was less than $100 so ask her. I covet a dyson vacuum if you have the cash and want to have a vacuum that will last forever. but they are like $400.

let me know what you get!

mom/carla said...

Is this the same vacuum that AJ deliberated over so much a couple of years ago? I guess that didn't work out very well, eh?

I just don't like having to spend so much money on these type of things so I went totally the other way for our rugs and hardwood (a Bissell bagless with the TM of "Versus" that I bought at Target for about $100.00 that I really like). We still have our Kirby and as much as our kids don't liek it...it still picks up dirt like no other. BUT it costs an arm and a leg. I don't know if this helps you out or not.

Good luck the search!

Unknown said...

Hey darlin... like Jordi said, I really love my vacuum. Adam just got the top rated consumer reports one that we could afford... I think it was around $130. Anyhow, it's the Eureka Boss Smart Vac.
Consumer Reports also rates the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary Edition Bagged U5491-900 well, and it's only $80.
Oh yeah, and just to commiserate a little... our vacuum broke when we were first married, so I used to ask people that were coming over for dinner to bring their vacuums over. That way I could actually clean my floor- hahaha!
Anyway, hope those help!
love
k