Thursday, May 14, 2009

twittering tweets...

so twitter is relatively new to the technology world. at least for people like myself.

I have mixed emotions about the whole deal.

here's my breakdown:
it's ok if your famous (kind of) and do cool things.
it's not ok if your the average joe and do the same things as me.
it's ok if you say funny things.
it's not ok if youre giving me a play-by-play of your life. no one cares that you just brushed your teeth.
it's ok to have people take pictures of you (again kind of).
it's not ok to take them yourself and try to make it look like you didnt.
it's ok if you're trying to network and use it for business reasons.
it's not ok if you're adding one more way for strangers to track your life.

so overall i'm generally opposed to it i guess. I sometimes dont even like getting texts from my friends (note: only when it'd be a conversation way easier to have over the phone.), so why set myself up to be bombarded with texts from strangers. However, i did find myself thinking it'd be funny to subscribe to ellen's twitter. But i'd still feel like a creep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

discovered taylor swifts today and it is stellar...just sayin.