Wednesday, May 13, 2009

goodbye living room workouts...


and HELLO Kroc Center!

FINALLY, the Kroc center is done. It's what I've been waiting for since I got here. I got my membership today and immediately proceeded to the locker room. It was fantastic! the machines have CABLE, the pool has a slide AND a lazy river, and there's a coffee shop just as you walk in.
So I worked out, deciding to fore go the ipod in exchange for TBS and HGTV (and a hint of lifetime), and had a great workout. The machine even talks to you during your show at the top of the screen saying things like "dont forget to work your arms." and "try only using your lowerbody", and I still dont miss a second of fresh prince. The work out flew by.
During my cool down/exploration lap of the upstairs I began dreaming of all the activities i could participate in... spinning, basketball, swimming, rock climbing?, it could be a whole new me.... dont be surprised if the next time i see you i'm talking about my upcoming climbing trip or my next triathalon. (then again, dont be surprised if i'm not, i can be quite idealistic sometimes).

bottom line is, i can put my workout tapes/equipment upstairs and away, no longer in my living room--no more being awkward. And I only have to whip out the FIRM if i want to.


(between this and forever opening, my life just got exponentially better)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad its called the kroc center. I'm also going to make you the best workout mix that will trump cable tv workout machines.

mom/carla said...

I'm so jealous!!! I was waiting and waiting for the swimming pool at the Kroc Center! I'm sure that the many hours that you spend there will result in a better perspective and better attitude....not to mention, a physically healthier body. Let us know if you need a support crew for your triathlon :)

Enjoy!

Tricia said...

yes, the best part about it's name is that one of our friends overheard an elderly man saying to his wife "i just dont understand why we need such a big center for crocodiles".