Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fat Kid Things

(So we've been without a computer for almost 2 weeks. That is the excuse for the lack of blogging.)



Now, for some time I've been noticing little things I do that I think I can trace back to being a fat kid. I decided to make a list of them. It's not comprehensive, just a little taste. So without further adieu...



My Fat Kid Habits That Didnt Go Away Like the Baby Weight Did:




1. eating from the shower--meaning... you're eating a really good ___(insert your favorite food)___ on your way to take a shower (or maybe that is another fat kid thing by itself) and it's so good that instead of stopping and finishing when you're done your shower, just simply place it on the counter right beside the shower and continue snacking between shampooing and conditioning.




2. dripping ice cream from an empty bowl onto your spoon--your ice cream is so good that before even trying to lick the bowl, you tilt the bowl so it drips any left over ice cream onto your spoon. Then you can lick if so desired.




3. licking the top of creamer bottle when you pull the plastic top off--you know, coffee creamer? That stuff tastes amazing in your coffee and by itself. When I was a fat kid, I sipped it plain, now that I'm older, I only get that satisfaction when I open a new bottle and can lick the protective foil layer.




4. being a VIP member of the local DQ and receiving texts about special deals--BIG thanks to Patrick Annotti, a fellow chubby kid, for the tip.




5. having all your favorite things "to do" at a place only be involving food--whenever I get excited to go somewhere, my list of things I'm most looking forward too sounds something like "get cheesesteaks, have wawa, get ritas water ice, have canolis, get green house pizza, Chocolate jimmies imported from Switzerland at Juniors ice cream.... and so on".




6. always licking the knife you used to spread anything (peanut butter especially)--speaks for itself.




7. eating chocolate chips, or cookie decorating toppings if you're in a desperate search for chocolate in a sweet-less house--you need alternatives when you're in a pinch.




8. licking your finger and sticking it to the crumbs left on your plate from any dessert, until they're gone too--tell me I'm not alone...




9. using the same method listed in #8 to get all crumbs from a chip bag-- It's not gone until it's GONE right?





10. still having Kraft mac and cheese as your favorite side to ANY meal. (Or just a meal by itself)--I think this will NEVER change. Thankfully Adam loves it to.





So now you know how disgusting I truly am... hope you still love me anyway.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

OH TRISH! You crack me up. I totally identify with many of these - except the shower one....that's out there! Also - many of these can be called "Not wanting to be wasteful" - 2, 3, 6, 8, 9 - We all just want to clean our plates and make sure nothing goes to waste. That's my excuse anyway! Love you!
Chrissy

mom/carla said...

I do #6 and #9 ALL THE TIME! I just thought that everyone else did it too:)

WHERE do you get these ideas to write about? They are always amusing, funny, intriguing....

Love you, too!

Anonymous said...

With the exception of #1, the rest of the list are all everyday happenings in my life. Maybe if i ate breakfast i would experience #1. Went to brigantine yesterday...which then made me throw my diet out the window to eat some of my favorite foods. Actually referenced green house pizza twice just bc i was in close proximity to it...love you!

Tricia said...

Let me clarify number 1...its not.like a meal...its like a cookie, ha. Still weird though, but maybe a bit less weird?