Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confessions of a Cheese-aholic

some of you may not know this... but I have been known to have an affinity for cheesy music. In fact, one time I was banned from downloading music to make cds on Liz's family computer when her mom stumbled upon this gem on her Napster playlist one day: click here.





Admittedly, this song is terrible. But I was a sucker for anything involving the Jersey Shore (not so much now.... thanks, Snooki).





Anyway, the change of leadership in our office has also brought with it a change in the music. Before, we did our daily tasks jamming to Usher's latest and greatest, now there is a medley of soft rock. Pop is obviously less professional, but made a work day turn into a dance party when no one was looking. Soft Rock, though irritating most times, does bring back some fond memories of those tunes from the pre-banned days at Wright home. Last week I heard this song. click: here's the real video... i've never seen it. I'm pretty sure that while I was downloading this song, I confessed to Liz that it made me cry.


I havent heard this (click here) at work yet, but I thought it was a good one to leave you with... maybe i'll hear it this week, if i'm lucky. Ha!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Music is so funny in that it can take us back to certain time periods in an instant. For example, Sisqo's the Thong Song reminds me of 8th grade. I used to feel so naughty if I listened to it.
And I am sorry you have to work to soft rock. Like Delilah's station? I would be sitting at the desk with my head down on my keyboard and a puddle of drool. :(

mom/carla said...

I totally agree that music can take you to a specific time and place. Just ask our kids....they can tell you what music that I used when I taught aerobics in the "80's" :)