Sunday, November 21, 2010

Matchy Matchy








When I was younger (second grade approximately) I have distinct memories of calling my friend Kate Vesper to figure out what outfit we'd both wear tomorrow. The conversation usually went something like "do you have black stirrup pants? me too! Do you have a plaid shirt? me too! ok, do you have big red socks you can scrunch? Ok great, me too! And then wear your keds, and your hair in a ponytail with a red scrunchie, deal? deal."

Well my friends, it looks like history is beginning to repeat itself. Here's the thing... Adam had a black northface and lost it. He bought me a black mountain hardware fleece when I was in college, and somehow I lost it too. So this weekend we went to Cabela's (cause we had a gift card and coupon) and picked out fleeces: both black, both northface. Adam gave me two conditions to allow me to get this fleece 1. it had to be something I wore a lot, and 2. I couldnt complain about matching and/or ask him to wear something else so I could wear mine.
I agreed to these two things and so we'll be bringing you the Ludwig uniform. Most days it'll consist of jeans and a black northface. Get excited!
(ps. for the record, i'm not sure a different color would have mattered. I mean how much better is it to have one in a black fleece and jeans, and one in a brown fleece and jeans... I'll tell you, not much.)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That is great! In Korea, they call this couples clothing and they do it ALL the time. Except it is more ridiculous than a black Northface- usually like matching sweaters with flags on them and matching jeans and even their shoes match. Someone told me they match their underwear too. Crazy!

mom/carla said...

Unbeknown to us, I think that Mark and I have been doing this for years! Really, we just get dressed and later discover that we are wearing very similar clothing...

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA i agree that its a good uniform to be wearing...now adam just needs some man uggs.