Saturday, May 29, 2010


+

__________________________________________________________________

Peanut Butter Muffins!


So my friend Alyssa, a triathlete mind you, used to make the best peanut butter muffins, ever! The best part was... they're healthy. So I've decided in my quest to eat healthier, especially with the summer months fast approaching, it's the perfect answer to my "i love sweets but I want to stay in shape" dilemma. And since it seems as though some of you are having the same dilemmas, i thought i'd include the recipe:

3 bananas mashed
1/2 c peanut butter (softened in microwave)
1/2 c sugar (or 1/4 c is ok if you dont want them too sweet)
2 eggs
1 1/2 c flour (whole wheat is preferred)
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1/4 t of cinnamon

preheat the oven to 350

mix ingredients together well, folding the wet into the dry until moistened.
fold in 1/2 to 3/4 c chocolate chips

spray muffin tin with pam or use muffin cups
bake 45-55 minutes if just making bread, or 25-35 if you're making muffins
(can be less if done in a convection oven)
should spring back when pushed in the middle


ENJOY your "cupcakes" and you'll be glad when it's the 4th of July and you get invited to a pool party. Thanks Alyssa!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm def. going to try these!

Bethany said...

These sound so delicious! I love peanut butter. In fact, I just went through a big jar by myself in two weeks. Wow, can you say fat?!?