Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nostalgia

Tonight I went to my first graduation for one of my students in youth group. It was fun. Interesting to see how close they felt (only 40 kids in this graduating class, it's a charter school). But it triggered memories of our graduation from High School, and naturally I came home and watched our senior video.


It opened with me in 4th grade with my class. terrible bangs (curly), white long rolled jean shorts, and terrible teeth. Fortunately I was among other awkward prepubescents.

then it skipped over to a scene of Mr. Tanis in a toga. startling.

followed by a short clip of Mr. Burton reviewing a test

there were a few more random clips from 4th grade (I think Miss Clark was making a video for her parents that Thad happened to get a hold of), one of which showed liz making a tower of snapple lids.

then it showed pictures of everyone from elementary school until graduation.


anyway... all of this brought me to a couple conclusions:

1. all senior classes think they're super close and will stay friends forever. Sadly it's not as true as you would hope.
2. I loved school. And still love my class. And this next comment is meant in every cheesy capacity it sounds like it is: watching that video made me miss high school, and made it feel like it was just yesterday.

the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just had to hold my mouth so i didn't laugh out loud...i kept those snapple lids in a pencil case in my desk, why? i have no idea. i didn't even drink snapple, thad did.

i don't have the senior video, bring it home so we can watch it together.