Sunday, May 9, 2010

news!


Did you guys ever see this movie? a childhood classic right? well...remember the scene where Rice and the other kids (Rice is the name i remember because i remember thinking it was weird) found the puppies? that was my life about 2 weeks ago. Adam has been asking and asking for a dog. But not just any dog, a st. bernard. I took some breaking down to even get to the dog part, and was ok with like a lab or golden retriever sized dog. but he kept asking and asking for a st. bernard, that's what he wanted. So i took my husband, and his child-like passion for a puppy, to go see st. bernard puppies, the day before his birthday no less. yep... didnt stand a chance.

And while I realize that i just blew any chance of my cousin Bethany EVER coming to visit me (unless she's coming this next week), we "took the plunge". Sorry Beth.

ps. he's the biggest one in the litter. I'm hoping that he's just going through a fat stage like i did. My dad says this makes him more of a palmer than a ludwig, for the chubby part he means.
But dont be surprised if you see me riding down the street like this any time in the next few years:

5 comments:

mom/carla said...

I can't believe that you got a st. bernard!!! I also can't wait to hear the stories of said st. bernard!!!

SyLvi said...

those stories will be fun I'm sure about it!! hahaha

Unknown said...

Hahaha. Actually I said those exact words about how I would never come and visit you now after I heard. BUT, I actually do better with big teddy bear type dogs (like Murphy) rather than small yippy ones, so there is still a chance. But I don't like puppies so it needs to grow up and get lazy first. Congrats on being a dog owner though! I am sure you will have a good time with him! Murph is 124 lbs now, which is huge for a collie...so yeah, Palmers are big. :)

maybe said...

like ur writing style..it's the real deal. just keep on writing...

Bethany said...

By the way, I realize that comment posted as Corey because he had just checked his gmail on my computer. It was really me! :) I know that happens to you/Adam all the time, too.