Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jeers

Have you ever read the jeers section of the newspaper? I hadnt really until Easter Sunday. Adam and I went out to brunch and, as is one of our usual (dorky?) habits, we picked up the paper and read it together. As we stumbled upon the Jeers section, we found this prized ad that was just too good not to share:

Squirrel Killer

To the low-life S.O.B. bicyclist who ran over and killed the poor innocent squirrel right in front of me in Riverfront Park last week. As the sweet animal, who never harmed anyone, sat eating a peanut I had tossed him, you cruelly and without a second thought squashed him. You had about 15' of pavement to ride on but chose to ride in the 1.5' between the squirrel and the grass closest to the little guy. Of course, he freaks out and attempts to run to the nearest safety leading him directly under your tires! After he is smashed, he half scampers, half convulses under a tree where I run to him knowing there is little I can do to help but feeling the need to be there to comfort him as best I can. I watch as he flops about, takes a couple last labored and surely painful breaths. While I watch him die you just keep going on your merry freaking way while I scream to you that you killed the innocuous creature as the enjoyed his meal oblivious to the heinous jerk approaching him. I hope karma rewards you someday by having a bus flatten you the way you flattened that squirrel! I hope that you survive but are left unable to breed more ugliness such as yourself.


ok, start the commenting..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what I will be like when I'm 75 years old.

and I love you for putting this on your blog.

mom/carla said...

Was this REALLY in the Cd'A Press???? Yikes!!! I never saw the "Jeers" section. What part of the paper was it in?

Tricia said...

It was actually in the Inlander, but yes. it's in the "I saw you" section