Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Dresses



Remember easter dresses? I couldn't find any of my own annual easter photos, so I creepily found this little girl on google images. But i think she's pretty indicative of what i looked like: fancy shoes (with some type of heal that i'd clank around the bathroom with cause i liked the sound), white tights, some type of over-the-top frilly disaster of a dress, the matching purse, cardigan (maybe the only practical item of the whole get-up), lacy gloves of some kind, and a hat to top it all off. As i got older, i might have decided to lose an accessorie or two, (or six), but still loved the tradition of getting an "easter dress" every year. I think it had something to do with my mom. because later on in life i still tried to pull off a new "easter outfit" with my dad, and it just didnt seem to fly as easily.

this year... i'm not even trying it on adam because we're having a weekend of family portraits in the jean/white shirt uniform. but next year, i might try to bring it back...


and incase you were curious, i'm pretty sure my brothers wore little matching suits most years, until they were old enough to put their foot down.

3 comments:

jordan said...

I totally have matching Easter dresses for the girls! :) complete with hats, not that they will keep them on. oh well. have fun in PA!

mom/carla said...

If we weren't in the midst of this move, I would try to find some of our Easter pictures. Yes..the girls had hats and even AJ had a sun hat when he was really little :)

Have fun taking your Easter pics. Please send some our way if you have any to share! Enjoy your time with family and friends!

Tricia said...

glad to see that tradition is still alive jord:)