Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tricia's Dos and Don'ts of Recruiting

After several more days of the same old in the way of job searching I've compiled a little list: "Tricia's Dos and Dont's of Recruting". My intention is not to beat a dead horse about my difficult time trying to find a job, rather it is to pass along little tidbits or "take aways" from my experience thus far.

Tricia's Dos and Donts of Recruiting:

1. DO post ads when your company is hiring that include contact info and/or your company's name
DONT post the ads when your company is on a hiring freeze

2. DO answer all inquiries to the ad
DONT start the conversation by asking "how soon are you looking to start working" unless you intend to have them start working soon.

3. DO interview candidates for open positions
DONT continue to interview once the position is filled.

1 comment:

jordan said...

seems like common sense? but I guess some people just love keeping you guessing. still praying trish.