Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blessed...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is in 2 days. It completely snuck up on me this year!

I got pretty upset last night thinking of how much I missed my family and the traditions that I'm used to on Thanksgiving. And hearing about all my friends coming home and when they're getting together... it just felt like I'm so far away from all of that.

But at the risk of sounding like I'm writing the end of my own a Berenstain Bears book, I understood that of course I'm going to miss those things this year, but that doesnt make Thanksgiving a thanksgiving. This year I just need to take time to grasp how blessed I really am. Oddly enough, it turns out it's A LOT.

2 comments:

jordan said...

aww trish- it is such a hard time to not be with family. I missed mine a lot this year too...but we ARE blessed to have you in our family!

love you!

Tricia said...

Thanks Jord. It really helps having you guys closer by, even though it's still pretty far. But i'm really looking forward to christmas!