Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ironman 2011






















Remember I told you I'd blog about Ironman? Better late than never.....



One of my favorite things about Coeur d'Alene is Ironman. Every June, our little city of Coeur d'Alene hosts an Ironman Triathalon. (incase you didn't know, this race is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and polished off with a marathon--- you know, NBD...) Gosh, every year I'm so amazed by it all. I think I even say the same lines "I can't imagine doing this", "it's crazy how much you have to train", "I can't imagine working out for like 8 hours straight (and that's the pros)"... etc., etc., etc.


Anyway, it's really incredible and inspiring, and each year we head down to be in total awe of them/be in total confusion that someone would pay $600 to do this to themselves. But, it's pretty cool.

No comments: