Tuesday, October 13, 2009

history, dedication, and rivals

so i'm not sure you saw but tonight's phillies game was awesome. (my sincerest apologies to mark and carla and all the other rockies fans---they put up quite a fight). I dont get to watch many baseball games on TV, especially Phillies, since we dont have cable. Tonight however I was at the gym, and it has cable, so i inevitably found myself watching...and watching...and watching. (Poor adam, he beat me home and got a head start on moving while i "finished up" at the gym). Basically i ended up working out for an hour and fifteen minutes JUST so i could watch the game. Not only that, but i was wedged between two rockies fans...uncomfortable.
I was cheering, and putting my hands on my head, and covering my mouth, and shaking my head, i pretty much did everything but yell "da da da da da da....CHARGE!". but as soon as it was over... i was silent and walked out of the gym as fast as possible, ...and called everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't call everyone.

Chrissy said...

OK - I was at that game, and we were so SAD...you should have heard how quiet it was after that. Trish - I for one am glad I have a reason (you) to cheer for the Phillies. I hope they go all the way again, and beat the crud out of those awful Dodgers and Yankees! It was a really fun game to watch, even though it didn't turn out as I hoped...

mom/carla said...

We were not at the game but ate dinner while watching the game. Yes...so sad for us. BUT, I'm glad that it was the Phillies and I too, hope that it ends up the Phillies and the Angels in the World Series. AND....that the Phillies win.