Monday, July 20, 2009

Most awkward moment i've had in a long time.

So last week my boss Sara asked me to get my picture taken at sears for my business card. So i scheduled my appointment and headed off to what i thought was going to be a quick snap shot, dressed in the most classic business casual outfit i could find (black pants...white oxford...yawn).
Apparently the usual manager was out of town so there was a temp there with an assistant. The assistant ended up being my photographer and was awkward, short, skinny, strawberry blond, and probably 19, (just to paint a picture). I explained VERY thoroughly that i was only there to take a photo for a business card-blue backdrop, sitting pose, like picture at school. However, strawberry-blondie said i had to do the full shoot of 9 poses. ok, just a few different head shots, whatever, i'll just do them fast and be done. Nope. We took a few seated portraits (in which she still insisted that i put my hand on my hip) and then began the "fun ones".

Pose 1: straddle the chair and cross my arms across the top of it tilting my head to the side and looking up at the camera. I laughed out loud when she told me this one.
Pose 2: captain morgan style, only with the legs switched.
Pose 3: on my stomach, feet cross, chin on fist. seriously, I'm in dress clothes
Pose 4: sitting, knees bent, with back to the camera with only my head turned around
Pose 5: standing, arms crossed, looking down at the camera
Finally i put an end to it, but not before she asked if i ever thought of taking up modeling. seriously lady?


Outrageous.


Turns out my boss forgot to send me with the correct form showing that i only needed one photo. convenient.


Unfortunately to buy all these special little tokens would have cost $100, otherwise you'd see them all here... in all their sepia, black and white, rose-toned, collaged, 2x4 feet glory.

4 comments:

kirstin said...

hahahahahaha! laughing out loud!

jordan said...

trish I wish so bad I could see them! hahaha...I will giggles to my self throughout the say when I think of the backwards chair pic.

Anonymous said...

can i pay $100 to get them?

also...as i told my dad this story he told me that when he was dating my mom he got a headshot to give to her...just to have. Hope that makes me die of laughter.

mom/carla said...

i especially liked the "lying on your stomach" pose. Imagine what kind of "business" card this could be used for!!! I couldn't stop laughing.