Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 1

So i started work this week back at my old company, different boss. It was good overall. There was a moment with my work-ex (my old boss) who doesnt know i'm back at the company. I call her my work-ex now because i feel like i'm in HS sneaking around my ex boyfriend with my new one he doesnt know i'm dating yet. There's a "girls-only" open house next week, she's invited, but i wonder if she'll be there.
There were also a few awkward/clumsy moments on my part, mostly today. I ate a chocolate chip granola bar at my desk. Inevitable a stray chip landed right in the crotch of my dry-clean-only light gray linen pants. (i bought a tide pen at lunch).
Cracked open a DC and spilled it all over those same gray pants managing to hit my purple shirt as well.
I was sent to the post office, apparently right down the road, but i couldnt find it and had to call and wake keje up from her nap for directions after texting google didnt work. 30 minutes later i shuffle back into the office totally defeated.
lastly, i also stole a mini hershey's milk chocolate bar from the basket of candy beside the door for clients. Moments later, the phone rings and i'm the only one available to answer it. I chewed fast and answered with half a mouth full-a lose-lose situation-sounding like i have marbles in my mouth, and not getting to enjoy the chocolate piece. (this has happened twice now).


next week is a new week. Overall though it was good. If i'm getting off at 4 and having fridays off.... i'll work with chocolate on my pants every day if i had to. or maybe i should just monitor my chocolate in take a bit closer.

2 comments:

mom/carla said...

you made me giggle when i read about the post office incident (not to mention those involving chocolate). i'm glad that this job fits you better and that you have such a great schedule! enjoy your weekend...we probably will be talking to you :)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to hear that you also make clumsy mistakes with food and drink. we all know thats a daily occurrence in my life.