Monday, September 15, 2008

A tribute to southern gospel music

Here's the thing...

when you don't have cable, you have to watch basically whatever channels come through your tv clearly. And by clearly i just mean the picture doesn't scroll across the screen, the fuzz sound doesn't overpower the program sound, and you can make out what is happening on the screen.

So this morning as i sit here waiting for Pier 1 to open, I was watching one of these "clear" channels. And wouldn't you believe what is on... Bill Gaither, Ernie Haas, and Scott Fowler, and "Signature Sound". I know i'm going to be made fun of for this, but I really enjoyed watching it. It definitely reminds me of my grandparents and the nights of watching their videos at the shore when the phillies werent playing. And those times when pop-pop would by the tickets for the Cathedrals concert twice a year, and Beth, Jul, and I would sit together and occasionally feel like celebrities when George Younce would talk to us on stage.

I know these songs are cheesy to most, but it still gives me that giddy little girl feeling when i hear those harmonies and see those familiar faces. I'm so thankful for this gift that Nanny and Pop-pop gave us, and how easy it is for me to go back to another happy time in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even know you.

Anonymous said...

Awww...those were fun times. We used to get so excited for those concerts.