Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rewards

Why do rewards programs have to be so complicated? I feel like so often I miss out on great rewards programs because I half heartedly do them. Like Adam and I have accounts with most all airlines...but have yet to use them effectively. Word has it you can combine airlines points? Similarly, we have cards to every grocery store, but never get to benefit from their gas programs. On top of it all, I get groupons, subscribe to the foundry, and try to clip coupons in between breaths.

I don't ever feel like I have the time to figure out their system so it works for us. Or you have to only buy from the same website/store/airline--but what if there's a discount somewhere else. And there's always catches--blackout dates, you never reach the required number of points to use it, 1800#s that always seem to take 20+ minutes to get good answers.

One day I'll be inspired/bored and sit down to figure some of this out. I'll have a spiral notebook, pretty accordian file, labels, a calculator, pencil, charged cell phone, ice cold fountain diet coke and i'll figure it out. There's money to be saved out there and I am sick of being outsmarted by their "complicated" systems, ...or just by my laziness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you girlfriend. I'm so close to getting a free airline ticket with southwest...so close yet so far away...