Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Under Pressure...



Deja vu? If you're like me, you experience this (or something that feels like this) about once a week.

Adam and I don't have cable. We dont have Netflix. And one of the only movie stores left in town is one we owe about $10 in late fees to, so we can't go back. SOOO, redbox is our option.

Aside from the recent $0.15 irritating rise in price, it's not exactly a bad option. Except for what I'll call the "Redbox Pressure Factor". Have any of you experienced this??? I go to a red box, finally get my turn, and choose a TOTAL dud. Why? because I buckle under pressure. I feel the person behind me breathing on my neck and dont feel like I can take the time to peruse the screens and read a synopsis if I want to.

A couple the winner's I've come home with:my apologies if you liked this one... especially since it was nominated for Oscars... but the whole thing was super slow, unrealistic, and just all around depressing. And Adam hated it.





All. About. Weed.


And I cant tell you the number of times I've come home with something revealing an offensive amount of female skin, evidently a warning I didnt catch when reading the review in such a rush.

There's no doubt that the "Redbox Pressure Factor" or "RPF" is an unfortunate side effect of the whole Redbox Phenomenon. Guess I have to take the good with the bad...

2 comments:

Kedran said...

Hi Trish, I have a tip for you although it comes secondhand. Melissa says you can reserve movies on line at the redbox of your choosing .. you have to use a credit card so if you use cash it might not work for you, but you might want to check it out. It might put an end to some of the uncomfortable pressure. Hope you and Adam are doing great. We miss and love ya.
Kedran and family

mom/carla said...

I'm with Kedran...unless there is a movie that we want to watch, we just don't rent!! (so we reserve it online).