Sunday, November 29, 2009

update

since it's been a while, here's what's been going on in our house lately:

1. We had thanksgiving 3 times. It was awesome.
First, with Jesse and Becky and Ben (Jesse works with adam, also the guy we almost bought the first house from), and a couple of their friends. I made mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. I almost lit pot holders on fire, but overall they were a success.
Second, with Boxy and his parents and friends (keje and Alyssa went with us). it was fun to meet his parents. And we realized once again why that kid is awesome. (see picture below)


Third, with our small group-Alyssa, Patrick, Keje, Me, Adam, Jason, Emily, and this guy Beau and his daughter. Again i did potatoes, both kinds, mostly because we had the ingredients already.

2. we went black friday shopping. I love doing that.
we started at 4 at Starbucks. Went Khols, Target, Macys, Bath and Body, Big Lots, Hastings, McDonalds, Target, Michaels, Pier 1. It was exhausting but fun. And it should be noted that we were done shopping before the boys (though, they came back empty handed. not so much for us.) Then we napped and ended the day with some fireworks, hot buttered rum, and identity crisis.

3. We hope to close (again) tomorrow. Yes in case you're confused this the second house we've tried to buy. We're still living in the first one we wanted. We hope to sign and close tomorrow and move next weekend. But with this track record, who really knows.

4. Adam leaves in 2 weeks or so for Charlotte, which leaves mes at Alyssa's house for 4 days with Keje dropping in from time to time. i'm expecting lots of sauna, movies, laughing and eating. And I'm hoping for lots of shopping, dancing, rollerblading and snow shoeing.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow...I feel like I haven't talked to you in too long! I neeeed to call you to catch up. :) I can't wait to see you so soon! P.S. I think I will switch with Corey so that I have your name (I have NEVER had a girl's name for the gift swap) and give Corey the name I picked, which is Tom. So Corey can give a gift to Tom and I can get one for you! I can get you a gift card since it is easier to travel with, unless you think of something else you need or might like. By the way, when is a good time to call you? I know you have the time difference too...so what time, my time, should I call you? Love you!