Monday, January 26, 2009

Almost Famous





So I think at one point or another it's every little girls dream to do something that would make you famous. Be an ice skater in the Olympics, a movie star, even some ambitious little girls might have wanted to cure cancer (I was not that deep or compassionate as a child). My 2 things that I wanted to be were either Miss America, or a famous singer--most likely falling into the teeny-bopper category.

Clearly I never quite reached those lofty aspirations. I am reminded of this every day as I sit for hours and make updates to ADS, CIM, and SIS for Joe Shmoe's insurance policies. However, oddly enough not just one but TWO people I know have/had the opportunity to achieve my childhood dreams. Saturday the Miss America Pagant was on TV (I unfortunately missed it-stupid time zones). But a girl from my college named Kayla Lynam was Miss West Viriginia. She didn't win unfortunately, but she looked beauitful and just to get there must have been cool. AND then TOMORROW, Sharon Wilbur (maiden name Chernoff) will be auditioning on American Idol. She went to high school with me-- she was always that older girl who I always wanted to be like. Even still I'd venture to say I still sometimes want to be like her, especially if she wins/is even on American Idol.

All this to say... that lately I've felt almost famous. I might not be famous myself, but I can say I know people who were/are close to being famous... and it's looking like that's the closest I'll get any time soon.

----Enter the FRIENDS clip where Rachel tries to make it into the Soap Opera Digest as Joey's "Gal Pal Rachel Greene"------

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooo! I watched Miss America because Julie told me about Kayla. I was cheering for her! She is beautiful! And also, I will be watching AI tonight. So I will look for that girl! Is she related to a guy you used to date...maiden name sounds familiar. Ok now my lunch break is almost over so I will go back to my famous life as a teacher. YES!
:)

Tricia said...

yes, she's aron's older sister. crazy huh?