Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How Would You Define Success?

I have two phone interviews today {insert excited/nervous face here}.

But in several interviews I've had since being here in Denver, they've asked me this question:



"How would you define success?"



Usually I rattle off something about hard work, satisfying work, benefitting others, or something like that. But I was hoping someone else might have a better answer than that.



So what do you guys think? How would you define success?



3 comments:

Bethany said...

I think of success as being any point in which you have achieved the goals you set. I think of success as something that can be ongoing, rather than an end point. You can have goals along the way and every time you achieve a goal, that is success. This shows the importance of setting goals and sticking to them. I also think of it as learning something new and sharing it with others.
Good luck with you interviews. God has something great in store for you! Love you!

Tricia said...

Thanks Beth! You're the best. Fortunately they didn't ask me this question, but maybe in second interviews (if I get them). It's a much more solid answer than what I was mummbling. Miss you, love you!

mom/carla said...

I think that success is a keen awareness of what is important at any time of your life. It is a dynamic and elusive goal.....What is going well and why? What needs to change and why? How am I going to make these changes (goals) and the perseverance to work toward this change. Does it always work out the way the I want it to? Of course not,,,,but what did I learn in the process? Did I really give it my best? If so, there is a sense of success in the effort, And when something DOES work out, to take the time to enjoy what I set out to do.